Thursday, October 21, 2010

Time equals Money

When I was younger, I often heard this phrase, time equals money. But I have no clue what it means. To me, what is most important is that the time spent must be enjoyable.

Recently I kind of have a paradigm shift. After certain things that happened in my life and family, I realized the importance of money. I realized without money, one is not able to support his family, let alone bring significant value to the world. I agree that money is not everything; money cannot buy you love and happiness. But certainly, with money, it can bring many factors that can create fulfillment in these areas. For example, with money, you are able to bring your spouse and children for a holiday and that brings a certain extent of happiness.

Now, I am very cautious on how I spend my time. To me, time equals money. Every second I spend must bring value to me and to others. Nowadays, this is how I spend my entire day: School, work, investments, and financial education. I feel as if I do not have a life, but that’s true in a certain extent. I find a need to sacrifice my play time and save it for the future. My mindset now is work now enjoy later.

Each person has 24 hours a day and how he/she allocate each day determine his/her success. To most people, the reason why time equals money is because when you work for 1 hour, you earn $15. 2 hour, $30, so on and so forth. And if you choose not to work, the money stops flowing in.

But there are more reasons. For example, if you spend your time on financial education, it increases your financial IQ. And with that, you are better equipped to increase your wealth.

“A period of time is considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something.” You need time to accomplish something. And TIME is the resource for you to do that!

Start spending your time well and make every second worth. An average life expectancy of a Singaporean is 80 years, and that compute to 700800 hours, you only have one life to live, live it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment